[CentOS] Dovecot Sending Slow down

John Hinton

webmaster at ew3d.com
Thu Jul 27 05:48:40 UTC 2006

I moved a hundred or so additional hosting accounts to one of my centos
4 servers. It was doing great before with like 50 accounts.

Anyway, since doing this sending email has slowed a lot. I have not done
anything with the default settings in dovecot beyond the basics of what
services and such at the top.. Server loads are running under 1. Disk IO
is generally under 10%, ram no problem with no real swap used. I'm
running dovecot in conjunction with sendmail.

Anybody have any ideas about what appears to be slow authentication...
basically the mail client takes 5 to 15 seconds to connect and send. And
this is from within the network. I suspect it is about the same from the
outside.

Thanks,
John Hinton