[CentOS] can i setup a dns name server in my localmachine?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jul 28 03:14:49 UTC 2006

dxuranus wrote:
> can i setup a dns name server in my localmachine?
> thanks for any help!
Absolutely!

first you need to install BIND and run it in a chroot.  this is
basically how it comes out of the box when you select DNS services at
install time (or add later via yum).

Initially your system is running as a caching server.

You will need to make the necessary changes depending on your goals.

If you are not so skilled with DNS, Webmin has a very good interface.  I
use it eventhough I am fairly competent with BIND.