[CentOS] Kickstart from floppy falling into regular install

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jul 28 15:33:06 UTC 2006

I took my anaconda-ks.cfg file, cp to ks.cfg and copied to a floppy

The isos have been copied to an ftp server.  So I had the following
lines in my ks.cfg

intall
url ftp://10.1.1.1//    (yes the ftp server's directory is the Centos
directory)

This is along with all the appropriate network command to get the
ethernet setup.

I issue the linux ks=floppy (also tried linux ks=hd:fd0:/ks.cfg).

What happens is I see the diskette drive spin.  The FTP server shows 5
connections pulling 0 bytes each then one of 4197 bytes (the size of the
release-notes-EN.html file).  At this point I get a monitor and mouse
probe then Anaconda starts up X and goes into the standard install
choices, starting with how do you want to partition your drive.
Obviously it is ignoring my partition instructions in the ks.cfg file.
Also I HAVE monitor and keyboard info in my ks.cfg, it should have used
that.

Appearantly, I need something added to the anaconda-ks.cfg file, but
reviewing my notes from when I did thus successfully back in March, I
can't remember it.  I also tried placing the ks.cfg on the ftp server.
But that is 2k in size, so it was never ftped.

I see the reference to the text option for kickstart, but that does NOT
seem to be what is needed here.

Also I seem to recall something about options for the install line in
ks.cfg, but have not found anything on that.

I continue to research, but any help would be greatly appreciated.