[CentOS] Kickstart from floppy falling into regular install

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jul 28 17:31:51 UTC 2006

Alfred von Campe wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2006, at 12:25, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Here you are. I had a little bit of fun actually getting the ks.cfg
>> on this system to include it into this email....
>
> Yes, I know how that is sometimes.
>
> Anyway, the anaconda-ks.cfg file has all the partitioning information
> removed by default. I *think* I had to un-comment it to get the
> kickstart process to be completely automated. Try un-commenting
> everything starting from the clearpart line to the last logvol line to
> see if that helps.
ARGH!!!!!!!

And I looked and looked at that file. Of course I uncommented it the
other time.....

>> Well I am in a 'bootstrap' situation.
>>
>> I have the isos on a Win2000 server that I have 3Com's little
>> ftp/tftp app. I don't YET have an HTTP or NFS Linux system to use for
>> running installs off from.
> BTW, any reason you chose ftp over http or NFS?
>
> Well, if you have the CDs, you can still use the ks.cfg file and just
> swap the CDs when prompted. Or for that matter, answer all the prompts
> manually if you are just boostrapping the first system. It's when you
> have to set up multiple systems that kickstart comes in handy.
FTP works. I normally do 'original' installs with: linux askmethod, then
select FTP, statically set up IP, and I am on my way.

I have had too many CD read failures when I was to the last few rpms and
not able to recover.