[CentOS] firefox 1.5.0.5 packages

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 03:09:30 UTC 2006

On 7/29/06, Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org> wrote:
> I installed the new firefox 1.5.0.5 packages and had a few issues.  I had
> read a similar post on the nahant list.  I would doubt that this is a
> centos-induced problem.  The browser crashed when opening the extensions
> manager and also with a very simple webmail page.

If you upgraded directly from 1.0.8 to to 1.5.0.5, you probably need
to reinstall all of your extensions.  I recommend (1) write down what
all of them are, (2) uninstall them all from your present firefox
1.0.8, (3) upgrade to 1.5.0.5, and finally (4) install extensions
again.

Even upgrading from 1.5.0.2 (centosplus) to 1.5.0.5, I'd recommend
reinstalling extensions.  In my experience firefox always crashes on
the first -- and sometimes also second and third -- launches after an
upgrade when there are any extensions present.