[CentOS] Wine-Problems

Timothy Kesten

centos-lst at gmx.de
Sun Jul 30 16:18:29 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm using CentOS 4.3 and Wine 0.9.16-2.el4.kb installed with yum.
My Problem: I get only a glimmering WIN-Desktop.
i.e. winecfg starts but not Labels are visible. The Buttons are visible, the
Function of these buttons also works. But I can't use wine because no
Application is startable. Only a 800x600 Window-Desktop appearce (in green
color) - very strong glimmering. And thats all.

With kubuntu on the same machine are no problems. But there is a Wine-Version
9.18.
In CentOS-Repositories are no newer version.

What informations are need more to help me.

Bye
Timothy