[CentOS] imap flags on uw-imap

Craig White

craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jul 30 17:12:39 UTC 2006

I am talking with a client about moving from CentOS 3.7 to CentOS 4.x
and migrating their uw-imap to cyrus-imapd but in the process, would
want to do a clean install. This is problematic in that if I want to
preserve the IMAP flags for all the users INBOX and other mail folders,
I would have to move them to another computer and then use something
like imapsync (which I've used before) to copy the mail and all of the
folders from the old IMAP server to the new one.

I haven't a clue where/how uw-imap stores these flags to even begin to
presume that I can successfully move them (though I suppose I can rsync
the /var/spool/mail and the users folders)...does anyone know where
these flags are stored?

Craig