[CentOS] Re: Finding perl-MIME-Base64

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 31 11:41:31 UTC 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, David Hrbá? wrote:

> David Hrbá? napsal(a):
> > Well Dag has finally updated the package on 27th. So my advice is really
> > depreciated. :o)
> > David Hrbac
>
> Hmmm, I guess, I must say rpm --nodeps is not depreciated, Dag has
> updated the package, but it's not OK. Dag please update your .spec to
> include tinyca2.desktop from upstream
> http://tinyca.dyndns.org/cvs-bin/viewcvs.cgi/tinyca2.desktop?cvsroot=TinyCA2
> Your desktop file is only English and not even working, links to tinyca...

If you're talking to me, please then include me in the conversation. It's
a coincidence I read this mail. Being subscribed does not mean I read
every single mail.

You're implying that I was already notified of the problem, which I was
not. I just updated the package when a new release was made.

My desktop file is there because tinyca did not include a desktop file
when it was added. That's why it is English only (I do not provide
translation services). If it linked to tinyca instead, people did not
notify me. That's right I do not use tinyca myself (I have used it though)
so problems inside a package may go unnoticed if nobody informs me.

PS I noticed that a lot of RPMforge users are using this mailinglist to
report problems about RPMforge RPM packages. Please send them to the
proper RPMforge mailinglist. (users at lists.rpmforge.net or
suggest at lists.rpmforge.net)

Kind regards,