[CentOS] firefox 1.5.0.5 packages

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 15:28:59 UTC 2006

On 7/31/06, Bryan Cardillo <dillo at pcbi.upenn.edu> wrote:
>         fyi, after reading bug 200622, I followed the link to bug
>         139531, where I found the following workaround:  set the
>         MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO environment variable before starting

I'm one of the people who did NOT have (much) trouble upgrading.  I
got the now-expected (by me, anyway) two crashes on startup while all
the extensions get reprocessed [*] and since then everything is fine.

One thing I noticed in taking a quick look at my system is that I have
pango-devel installed as well as pango.  That seems unlikely to make
any difference, but it does add symlinks for the pango libraries under
other names, so perhaps it's affecting dynamic linkage.

I am using gnome (in fact, it's the only desktop environment I have
installed) so Rodrigo's speculation about that appears to be
unfounded.

[*] or something; all I know is it doesn't happen if I remove
extensions before upgrading and reinstall after, but I skipped that
this time because it DIDN'T happen when going from 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.0.2
so I thought it might finally be fixed.