[CentOS] Removing Dual Boot

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 16:07:01 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 08:58 -0700, Bruno S. Delbono wrote:
> * on the Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:54:02AM -0400, William L. Maltby was tippering:
> > > <snip>

> > And from the old days, I wonder if this still works.
> >
> > boot from anything (usually a floppy) and do
> >
> > fdisk /mbr
>
> One needs a Win 9x or DOS for this to work. These days, fixmbr works equally
> well on Windows XP.

Yep. Maybe it is time to toss the floppies for my Win95? I wonder if the
media is still good? In a box in a cool place. I doubt I load them on
anything again and I don't want to trust the media for anything actually
useful.

I'm hanging on to Win98 though until I am convinced that WinXP is
actually better ... couple more years!  ;-)

> Warm Regards,
>
> -Bruno
> <snip sig stuff>

Thanks Bruno!