[CentOS] firefox 1.5.0.5 packages

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 16:45:28 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 11:49 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 12:38 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:28:59AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > > <snip>

> No crashes here either.

You folks jinxed me!  :-))

I felt the need, started FF in a user that had not yet run the new
version. Plugin update happened, all is good.

Later, tried to start it as the other user that had run it and as this
recent user and both crash!

Strace -f shows some dnoent stuff saying it can't
find .mozilla/.../init.d/K*

Huh? It's been running! I'll bet it's the "flakiness" I've been seeing
for about a month now (I *think* it only hits during X activity, haven't
had the patience to wait long enough to see).

Anyway, the common fix (here) is reboot. I've got a GD MS system I
guess!  ;-)

Yep! Firefox working great for both user's now.

There is no init.d under .mozilla here. Now I wish I'd saved it to a
file, there were quite a few of the dnoent messages. *BIG* file it would
be!
<snip sig stuff>

--
Bill