[CentOS] Removing Dual Boot

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 16:55:50 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 12:07 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> > I'm hanging on to Win98 though until I am convinced that WinXP is
> > actually better ... couple more years!  ;-)
>
> Use it on a laptop and hibernate/wake up many times with different
> wireless access points available or alternately on wired and
> wireless connections.  XP handles this pretty well.

Yep. I've got a Toshiba Satellite P35 that was on the road with me for
about a year. 802.11g wireless and internal Atheros (I think some on
this list said they sucked?) and it did OK. But I had no prior
experience with that stuff, so I can't compare.

Having been an *almost* exclusive *IX* user since mid-seventies, I saw
all the MS as "Same crap new $100 box". Somewhat justified by the fact
that I still see the same blue screens, erratic reliability and some MS-
caused things.

Maybe UofW "nook" project will help some of the bombs caused by the
65,000+ plus drivers available.

Linux is becoming subject to the same thing because of it's development
model and experience level and lack of ... various attributes. Nook also
works (in fact was developed using?) with Linux.

--
Bill