[CentOS] firefox 1.5.0.5 packages

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Jul 31 17:32:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On 7/31/06, Philip Wyett <philipwyett at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > There is an update to freetype that fixes all the issues listed with
> > extensions, wikipedia and gmail for me. Hopefully this will be pushed
> > soon.
>
> Aha!  I have freetype-2.1.9-1.2.2.el4.rf from rpmforge.  That's
> slightly newer than the base repo package.

It is actually identical and should not make a difference. The freetype
package was introduced to provide better anti-aliasing but was in some
cases worse. (See discussion on RPMforge mailinglist)

The fact that I still offer it is to correct that situation. (Hence the
silly versioning)

Now I'm using that package with firefox 1.5.0.5 (and before 1.5.0.3) and
have no problems with extensions and/or firefox. Which of course does not
mean that freetype is not responsible for the problems. I just doubt that
my freetype package is responsible though. The situation is more complex
than that.

I'm sure people with the RHEL freetype package have the same problem,
likewise people with the RPMforge freetype package (like me) have had no
problems.

Kind regards,