[CentOS] add'l info: x86_64 reproducible server PANIC with latest kernel

Kay Diederichs

kay.diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Jul 31 21:45:25 UTC 2006

I forgot to mention that the problem has nothing to do with the kernel
being tainted (due to VMware server).
I installed VMware server after being faced with the crashes, to give
the Java user a "sandbox" which s/he could crash without taking down the
real server. Only then I discovered that VMware server has a memory
limitation to 3600MB (I guess because it's not a 64bit application).

I see exactly the same crash with a non-tainted kernel.

Kay
--
Kay Diederichs              http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de
email: Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de  Tel +49 7531 88 4049 Fax 3183