[CentOS] Kickstart is my friend

Will McDonald

wmcdonald at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 07:53:58 UTC 2006

On 28/02/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Only things:
>
> Did stop at the bootup to create a user id.  Not a big deal in this
> case, as I was logging on as root to do a yum update.

You mean during the Kickstart install? Or on firstboot afterwards?

> X was started to give me a progress of the install.  So I will want
> to figure out how to get that in character mode next time.  Just on
> general principles.

Simply adding "text" on a line on its own in the main config should
prevent the X installer (though not necessarily the installation or
configuration of X itself).

The Kickstart section of the RHEL documentation should help you.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-kickstart2-options.html