[CentOS] per port ip routing -- possible?

Jack Bailey

jack at internetguy.net
Thu Mar 2 23:40:59 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a customer who has two Internet connections, cable and DSL, where
the cable is much faster than the DSL connection.  Is it possible in
CentOS 4.2 to use the "ip route" command to direct certain outbound
traffic over the faster connection, say http(s) requests?  Web searches
turn up solutions where NAT is involved, but this guy isn't using NAT.
Example configs that show how to load balance multiple connections and
ensure symmetric routing all work great, but I don't an example of
per-port routing.

Any pointers or example commands would be greatly appreciated.

Jack