[CentOS] 3ware 9550 series

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:27:57 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, David Thompson <thomas at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> Anyone have any experience with these products yet?  We've got one in for
> eval, but I thought I'd also ask for experiences here...

I've been using mine (9550sx 4 port) for about 2 months now, and it's
been great. I've got two arrays on it right now, one raid1 and one
raid0, both running very happily. The default centos 3ware drivers
don't work with it yet. I'm not sure if this changes in update 3 (due
soon) or not. Rebuilding the 3ware drivers for centos are trivial, and
3ware is hosting community provided driver disks and such on their
site. Basically for the money, I'm quite happy with it.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775