[CentOS] Re: How Undo Yum Upgrade [SOLVED, Good Enough, I think]

John Thomas gmane-2006-01-01 at jt-socal.com
Sat Mar 4 15:40:09 UTC 2006

I am unable to remove the following because of dependencies:

pythonabi-2.3.4-1.el4.at
libxml2-python-2.6.22-1_21.el4.at
libxml2-2.6.22-1_21.el4.at
libxml2_2-2.6.22-1_21.el4.at

I guess I can leave them.  Hopefully it does not break anything.
Nothing seems broken.

I got to this by following carefully following the instructions in this
thread and through careful trial and error.  Here were the main tools

  rpm -qa --last
showed me what is still installed and the likely ordered I need to
remove them.

rpm --test -e package-name
removed items and showed dependencies if I could not remove them.
(remove --test when ready to go)

  rpm --test --oldpackage -Uvh *rpm
or
  rpm --test --oldpackage -Uvh rpmpackagename.rpm
installed (downgraded) the packages I had downloaded from the CD.
(remove --test when ready to go)

Eventually I got yum working again and it allowed me to find a later rpm
than the one I had on my cd and that got over one hurdle.

Thank you, list, for your patience and help.