[CentOS] Moving files to new server

Thomas E Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Sun Mar 5 15:20:43 UTC 2006

I can put both online but have never used rsync nor dump.  The old pc is
old! A P3-450, 18GB HD.  The new one is a P4-3.0Ghz with 1GB ram.  The way
CentOS will do the partitions will probably be different than from the old,
especially the SWAP.  The old system has been upgraded numerous times since
RedHat 8.0.  I like the idea of a fresh install but want to make sure I have
everything working on the new without missing something I installed on the
old one.

Decisions, decisions.............

Thanks