[CentOS] Re: Q's about switching from sendmail to postfix

John Thomas gmane-2006-01-01 at jt-socal.com
Mon Mar 6 00:31:55 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:

> I also use MailScanner as my wrapper for spamassassin and clamav and
> find it very, very effective (don't listen to the doom and gloom folks
> that poo poo using MailScanner on Postfix)

I had MailScanner installed and it worked great.  I switched to
Amavis-new because I was afraid the authors of postfix would stop
support for MailScanner.  Amavis-new has the same results as far as I
can tell.

> you do these things, you can forget all about rogue networks as you call
> them and banned cidr's because you will stop almost all the spam with
> the proper setup and don't need to do wholesale block of ip addresses.

I agree with your conclusions.  Greylisting and a tight postfix set up
has my Spamassassin mostly idle.  In fact, I have eliminated bayes from
spamassassin because I do not get enough spam to train it well.  I do
use rulesdujour in spammassissn to get most of the few who make it through.