[CentOS] Process run away

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Wed Mar 8 22:11:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

Mace Eliason wrote:
> Does anyone know of a simple way to have the server email me if the
> cpu load is at max for x amount of time.  I am not
> sure how long it was running like that, I have not checked it for a
> while.
>
> What would you recommend for something like this
I'd recommend nagios, I'm using it to keep track of quite a few
parameters of all my systems.
It has email notifications, quite nice visualizations, etc.
For a complete feature list see http://www.nagios.org/about
For the first time, configuration of nagios is a bit hard, but if you
carefully follow the manual, you'll be amazed by the results!

Regards

   Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de
http://www.michael-kress.de / http://kress.net