[CentOS] Re: centos] OT: routing between eth0 and ppp0 WITHOUT NAT

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Mar 13 15:29:47 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, James Pifer wrote:

> Sorry to post this here, but since last week I've posted to Fedora's
> mailing list, pptp-devel's list, and linuxgeneral forum. No one has

> On a Fedora Core 3 machine
> 	1) running pptpclient
> 	2) pptpclient is configured to do "LAN to LAN"
> 	3) machine set to act as a router:
> 	   /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is set to 1
>
> After I make the pptp connection I do: iptables -F

I think I would first disable iptables to get it out of
the mix - as root:

 	/sbin/service iptables stop && /sbin/service iptables save
 	/sbin/chkconfig iptables off

and then want to see the ip assignments and routes when you
think you have it runningL

 	netstat -rn

on the Linux side, and a statement of what the remote IP and
destination subnet and mask are.

Then, remember that tcpdump is a good friend -- some
techinques for use are toward the top of:

 	http://www.owlriver.com/tips/

in a mail context, but there is an ICMP example in there as
well which will help.

-- Russ Herrold