[CentOS] Centosplus & CentOS Extras, Enlarge your tent , Cuckoo repos

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 17:12:12 UTC 2006

> Not cuckoo repos, don't misquote me- THEIR DEVELOPERS ARE LIVING
> IN A CUCKOO WORLD & they do not respond to feedback nor work with
> other developers. This is why you have apt, apt-devel and synaptic
> in all the repos.

Here's the beauty of open source. If you're not happy with something
FIX IT. You have all the tools you need freely at your disposal. If
you have a good product, others will use it and hopefully help out. No
one is forcing you to use any particular repository or package here.
You're using software that you don't have to pay for, so put a little
effort in on your own.

> Have you run wine/winetools from winehq.com versus the fedoralized
> one? Which one works and which one doesn't?

Same deal. You're not being forced to use one or the other. Fix the
issue, report it to the repo maintainer, start your own repository, or
quit bitching. There are several options to choose from. The current
method of bitching here is unproductive, and will not lead you to
results.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775