[CentOS] Centosplus & CentOS Extras, Enlarge your tent

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Mar 13 18:20:22 UTC 2006

Sanjay Arora wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Jeff Kinz <jkinz at kinz.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 10:09:07PM +0530, Sanjay Arora wrote:
>>> What I'd like to see in Centosplus is a rpm of Xen, that is stable and
>>> pre-tested with Centos and seamlessly changes the Centos
>>> Server/Workstation.
>> Yes, this would be really nice.
>>
>> A Centos-Enterprise oriented wiki is a great idea.  We need a place
>> to host it. Does Centos.org have the resources to add this to their
>> site?  (= extra storage, Bandwidth, time to install and administer
>> or willingness to let others on their server to do same?)
>>
>> Its a lot too ask, but if Centos.org is willing, then great.
>>
>> Donovan, what do you think?
>>
>> Or are there any other community members who could host a wiki?

there has already been a bit of planning for a http://wiki.centos.org/ -
and a few various wiki s/w were looked at a few weeks back, settling on
moin.

A fair few good points have been raised here about the various options
and issues we could address on such a wiki. Can we fix up a time/date
for a meeting on irc #centos-devel and thrash out the issues once ?

Jeff, there is no hosting issue - the infrastructure is already in
place, the software too - just needs to be moved into the final place.
But that will only happen once we have a clear idea of what content is
going in there, and how its going to be structured.

The usual suspects are normally online 15:00 - 17:00 hrs GMT - could we
have a session about the wiki.centos.org setup on Tues 21st Mar 16:00 ?
Lance should also be back by then.