[CentOS] Indiana timezone changing

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Mar 14 13:53:37 UTC 2006

I have a couple questions... I am in Indiana and our time zone is changing.
I used to choose America/Indiana/Indianapolis as the zone and we are
changing
to Eastern.

Question 1) Is there a command line only way to change my timezone?
I dont have access to X to run system-config-time. Doing a
"system-config-time --help"
or "system-config-time -h" did not give any information.

Question 2) If the server is setup for NTP I presume I still have to
change the time
zone. Since Indiana-East is going away are the NTP time servers smart enough
to know that Indiana-East is now just Eastern? Basically - do I have to
change anything
on my machines or does NTP just do it for me?

Thanks,

Jerry