[CentOS] Help. Failed event on md1

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Tue Mar 14 15:10:01 UTC 2006

Quoting Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at cbn.net.id>:

> I apologize. I guess the panic hit me :):)
>
> Fortunately, after I remove the device:
> mdadm /dev/md1 -r /dev/sdb2
>
> And then re-added it:
> mdadm /dev/md1 -a /dev/sdb2
>
> It's rebuilding again. Pheew.. my first failed RAID event.

This can happen sometimes when machine crashes.  However, I would still
recheck log files to see if there were any warrnings/errors on /dev/sdb
(these are usually the very first signs that disk might fail soon).
Keep an eye on that drive, and recheck logs (/var/log/messages) from
time to time.  If you see any errors reported on it, replace it
immediattely.

--
See Ya' later, alligator!
http://www.8-P.ca/