[CentOS] ATI X300 on CentOS 4

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Mar 15 15:06:53 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-14-03 at 20:33 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> ATI support on Xorg is very iffy at the moment. I have been having problems
> all over when I have any ATI based card.

That sucks.

What's really irritating is that it was fine for several months, and
then all of a sudden the screen started to blank out.

> I suppose it will get sorted out by 4.3. At least I hope it will.

Hopefully.  But, in the meantime, I'm going to switch to the vesa
driver.  I'm not concerned about 2D performance since it's a server -
it's reliability that's important.

Thank you very much for replying.  At least I have a better
understanding of what's going on.

Regards,

Ranbir

--