[CentOS] Eggcups printer icon not showing up in panel

Steve Bergman

steve at rueb.com
Wed Mar 15 18:42:22 UTC 2006

I did a "side grade" on a client's machine freom FC2 to Centos4.2.  I am
not seeing the eggcups printer icon appear when the user sends a print job.

One problem was that I had to copy /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession.rpmnew into
place so that the DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS variable got set correctly.

The messagebus service is running, as well as hal.  There is a
notification area in the panel.  I can manually start eggcups and not
get an error. (It returns 0).  But it immediately exits, and no printer
icon.

Am I missing something?  I'm not particularly familiar with eggcups and
its required configs.

Thanks for any help,
Steve Bergman