[CentOS] Whereis system-config-kickstart

Robert kerplop at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 17 05:13:32 UTC 2006

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> At 10:13 PM 3/16/2006, Jim Perrin wrote:
>
>> >  To use Kickstart Configurator, you must be running the X Window
>> System. To
>> > start Kickstart Configurator, select Applications (the main menu on the
>> > panel) => System Tools => Kickstart, or type the command
>> > /usr/sbin/system-config-kickstart.
>> >
>> >  Can't find it.
>>
>> It's not installed.
>>
>> > So where is it hiding?
>>
>> yum install system-config-kickstart
>

> got it thanks.
>
> Now how do I figure out the packages and applications?

You might do a
$ yum grouplist
To see what groups are available and have a look at  /root/anaconda-ks.cfg
on a pretty much loaded system.  Then there's the help file at
file:///usr/share/doc/system-config-kickstart-2.5.16.1/system-config-kickstart-basic.html

which is in the RPM you just installed.

Good luck!