[CentOS] High-Availability Clustering and drbd?

Andrew Cotter andrew.cotter at somersetcapital.com
Fri Mar 17 13:14:27 UTC 2006

Good to know the bandwidth requirements of DRBD before trying it over our
WAN.  We use rsync to keep a directory structure in sync with a backup
server on the other side of the contry.  In total the directory is about
34GB and consists of images of scanned documents ov verious sizes.  We shoot
this over a T1 across the US and once the original sync is done, it does a
nice job a couple times a day checking and updating differences.

I have also played with Unison (http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/)
with some success, but ended up using rsync for another project.

As for MySQL over WAN, how have people done with the built in replication?

Andrew