[CentOS] Postfix + MySQL + IMAP + Squirrelmail + Virtual Domains + Web Management.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 17 21:14:50 UTC 2006

----
#1 - check out Wil Cooley's pages on Cyrus...
http://nakedape.cc/info/Cyrus-IMAP-HOWTO/quickstart.html#id2900018

and I'm quite sure that he uses Postfix

#2 - Migration from Sendmail to Postfix is relatively easy...and I'm not
sure where you are headed with this except that using Postfix with MySQL
user db seems to me to be not an optimal solution but I believe that
Johnny has such a version of Postfix (compiled with MySQL) - I think on
centosplus.

#3 - if you want virtual users (i.e. users without shell accounts), the
more logical thing is to use LDAP where Postfix, Cyrus, and all software
basically just works with very little configuration changes and no
dependence on custom builds.

My typical setup these days incorporates...

Postfix     # MTA
sqlgrey     # greylisting for postfix
MailScanner # wrapper for clamav & spamassassin
clamav      # anti-virus
spamassassin # spam detection
cyrus-imapd # imap/pop server
Fedora Directory Server or openldap-server

MailScanner and Fedora Directory Server have to be downloaded from
project sites as they aren't packaged by centos or compatible
repositories.

sqlgrey I think comes from dag repository

the rest from centos repository

Yes cyrus-imapd does have it's own storage methodology but it has to be
the most powerful of all the IMAP servers and so much of it's power can
be automated.

Craig