[CentOS] Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the slowest of them all? CentOS

Sat Mar 18 14:11:38 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 05:45 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> Some of the other RHEL rebuilds take one or two days, while CentOS
> takes
> 2 weeks. While i can't say if they have more than a hundred users,
> their
> speed in releasing quarterly updates is commendable.
>
> Technically CentOS is not the slowest, as Whitebox takes the wooden
> spoon but you get the general idea. :)

Mr. Smith,

1.  If you can show me a FREE rebuild project that has released update 3
respun ISOs ... I would like to see it.

2.  Maybe you should either start your own rebuild project ... or use
one of these other, much superior products.

3.  We don't just rebuild the SRPMS ... we rebuild them ... install and
test them ... QA them ... fix issues with them if it doesn't work ...
respin it again ... provide support for 3 arches that the upstream
provider doesn't even support ...

But I digress ... back to making a quality distro