[CentOS] Re: centos] phpMyAdmin login problems

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Mar 20 03:00:20 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, rado wrote:

> running 4.2 and the latest stable phpMyAdmin 2.8.0.1 of course all the
> lamp stuff is running.

> I can log on as root from local w/the password and it will come up as
> root should w/all privileges.

A sensible set of security defaults would have an ACL
permitting ('Allow from 127.0.0.1 // Deny from all')

> coming in from the web is a different story: if one tries to log on from
> the web to the following url and msg:
[... from an external IP]
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/index.php on this
> server.

and it may actually be that sensible defaults reign.  Check
with the upstream as to further details as to this -- maybe
even read the documentation; or, dare I say it, read the
source of the config files.

- Russ Herrold