[CentOS] Bad repo file

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Mon Mar 20 13:01:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 02:43 +0100, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> I suggest you try coping the file somewhere else (ie making a backup) and
> then cutting out everything except for one [..] section from it and seeing
> which if any of those work/break...
>
> Cheers,
> MaZe.
>

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2006, Lorin B Pino wrote:
>
> > Craig White wrote:

> >> ---
> >> you didn't by some chance edit it with Windows did you?
> >>
> >> Edit it with another editor? Which editor?
> >>
> >> Craig
> >><snip sigs and "no I didn't edit...>

To eliminate editor concerns, may I suggest an "od -c" of the files? If
your line endings of other than "\n" you have a problem. Otherwise not
likely. Also, see if you see unexpected whitespace embedded or at the
end of something.

Lastly, "man -k yum" and man the docs listed there. Something might jump
out at you that makes you go "hmmmm...."

GL, HTH
Bill