[CentOS] installing yum on RHEL 7.2

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 20 21:23:38 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 15:45 -0500, Nick Smith wrote:
> im very new to RH, and even more so to YUM, but i need to install it
> on a RHEL 7.2 server, which i have done but installing the RPM
> package, and updated it via the Centos2 archives.  The program i am
> trying to install is bacula, a backup/tape program on one of our old
> servers, we need to upgrade to a newer version.  I didnt want to deal
> with the deps, so i thought yum was the way to go.  well, it cant find
> bacula, and i even downloaded the rpm from their website, and tried to
> get yum to install it that way "yum install bacula.rpm" and that
> doesnt work either, i get a:
>
> # yum install bacula-mysql-1.38.5-4.101mdk.i586.rpm
> Gathering package information from servers
> Getting headers from: CentOS-2 base
> Getting headers from: CentOS-2 updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Cannot find a package matching bacula-mysql-1.38.5-4.101mdk.i586.rpm
>
> can anyone shed some light on this for me? im kinda lost here.  ive
> googled and found some good centos docs, but it doesnt solve my
> problem, the "localinstall" switch i guess is not supported anymore
> according to something i read on the net, and it doesnt work either
> when i try it.
>
> how can i get this installed with something that will handle the deps
> for me?  am i even asking the right question? thanks for any help you
> can give.
----
you aren't likely to have much success with yum installing mandriva
packages. I haven't a clue whether there is a bacula package in any
centos repositories but very doubtful for centos-2

suggest you just build from source rpm for you setup...you can get
source rpm's from bacula project download pages.

Craig