[CentOS] POP3/IMAP Proxy

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 03:09:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 16:53, Peter Kitchener wrote:
> We would like something that acts like httpd does with its reverse
> proxy. i.e. so we don't have to have our mail server sitting directly on
> the internet.

If you can get your users to configure ssl (a checkbox option
on most mailers these days), I'd go with stunnel so the
internet side is encrypted.  If you plan to accept mail from
roaming internet users you'll also need to set up smtp
authentication which means either letting the 'outside' box
have access to the passwords or also using stunnel to pass
the connections through to the inside server.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com