[CentOS] Cannot start sm-client on CentOS

Kai Schaetzl

maillists at conactive.com
Wed Mar 22 17:17:11 UTC 2006

Starting up sendmail I get:

Starting sm-client: can not chdir(/var/spool/clientmqueue/): Permission
denied
Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.

I assume the user used for sm-client is smmsp. However, that user has
/var/spool/mqueue as homedir and I added him to the trusted users list.
FYI, that user has disabled login (which should be okay) and the group has
a pre-encrypted password by default. On Suse the client queue runner is
run by user mail:mail which also has login disabled but no password for
the group.

What do I need to change, so that sm-client runs okay on CentOS?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany