[CentOS] packaging local builds

James B. Byrne

ByrneJB at Harte-Lyne.ca
Wed Mar 22 20:14:45 UTC 2006

I have built software on unix/Linuix many times, but now I want to
move two packages that I have built on one machine to another (both
CentOS4.2), and the time seems ripe to discover how to use rpm.
The packages are subversion-1.3.0 and swig-1.3.28.  How do I turn
the the results of the build process into rpms?

As I am a digest subscriber, the favour of a direct copy of any
reply to the list is appreciated.

Regards,
Jim

--