[CentOS] yum failing

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Wed Mar 22 22:08:45 UTC 2006

I thought the new yum could handle a transparent proxy.

Miskell, Craig wrote:
>> I have two Centos servers here..only one of them is having this issue.
>>
>> Resolving Dependencies
>> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
>> ---> Downloading header for glibc to pack into transaction set.
>> glibc-2.3.4-2.19.i686.rpm 100% |=========================|
>> 118 kB    00:00
>> ---> Package glibc.i686 0:2.3.4-2.19 set to be updated
>> ---> Downloading header for policycoreutils to pack into
>> transaction set.
>> policycoreutils-1.18.1-4. 100% |=========================|
>> 49 kB    00:00
>> http://mirror.tamu.edu/centos/4.3/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/policyco
>> reutils-1.18.1-4.9.i386.rpm:
>> [Errno -1] Header is not complete.
> <snip>
>> Any ideas?
> Are you going through an http proxy?
>
> Craig Miskell
> Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments
> from AgResearch Limited is intended only for the persons or entities
> entities other than the intended recipients is prohibited by AgResearch
> Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
> sender immediately.

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099