[CentOS] Non-torrent D/L of 4.3 DVD image?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 23:48:13 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Jack Bailey <jack at internetguy.net> wrote:

> >> I do believe that something is wrong with the setup. I get torrent
> >> connection speeds that vary wildly from 10KB/sec to about 200KB/sec. FTP
> >> gets me about 1380KB/sec.

For those of you outside the business arena and suffering speed
issues, it may be that iptables is not accepting incoming requests on
the right ports or ISP bandwidth throttling is biting you. With most
bt clients, there's nothing stopping you from providing it a different
port range (and some bt trackers actually require this) so that you
can bypass any potential issues. I do this frequently if I notice a
problem, and I was able to pull the DVD at around 700K/s, which is
acceptable to me.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775