[CentOS] Cannot start sm-client on CentOS

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 23 00:31:16 UTC 2006

Alexander Dalloz wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2006 23:21:17 +0100:

> Very bad idea. If you really want to migrate settings from a SuSE
> install then take the sendmail.mc settings and rebuild the sendmail.cf
> from those settings on your CentOS host. And be sure you understand what
> settings you activate.

That's what I did, I always use my custom m4 and mc files to build the cf,
sorry, if that wasn't clear.

I finally found the reason for the problem. I had moved over the mail spool
with a tarball and for a reason I don't remember I tarred spool/mail from var
and when untarring on the other machine that removed some privileges from
/var/spool. Sorry for taking your time.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany