[CentOS] webmin rpm for centos

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Mar 23 15:25:38 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 09:11 -0600, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> At 07:31 AM 3/23/2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 08:10 -0500, Dave wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >     I'm looking for a centos-specific rpm version of webmin. I've
> > found fc3
> > > and rh specific, but nothing for centos.
> > > Thanks.
> > > Dave.
> >
> >The RHEL version from the webmin website recognizes and installs on
> >CentOS.
>
> Like a dream.  Also usermin....
>
> I did find problems (v 1.60, reported) with BIND server part not
> always honoring CHROOT and changing the /etc files.
----
I'm not sure that I would describe it that way...

I haven't had the issues you had but I keep my zone files in /var/named
or when chroot /var/named/chroot/var/named but you wanted them in /etc/
or chroot /var/named/chroot/etc which I think caused some of the issues
that you were experiencing. To Jamie's credit...he is so responsive that
he changed the module configuration to let you have it your way.

Also to point out...webmin has the ability to upgrade itself but if you
configure the dag repo and use yum to install webmin, you get
perl-Net-SSLeay installed automatically as a dependency (I go back a
long way with webmin and that is a nice touch) and subsequent yum
updates will simply keep webmin up to date with all the other packages
in active repos.

Craig