[CentOS] ATI Radeon IGP resolution problems

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Mar 23 16:10:23 UTC 2006

My NC4010 has the ATI Radeon IGP 350M controller

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11832_na/11832_na.HTML

It works fine in 800x600 but when I change it to 1024x768 the LCD
goes bad.  Hard to discribe, it looks like the 800x600 is just
smaller in the upper left with parts clipped and the rest of the
screen repeats part of the reduced sized image.

I am running at 60Mz.

I have searched far and wide and have not have had anyone else
complain about this.  The controller uses main system memory (my
system has 768Mb), perhaps that is where my problem is?  Somewhere I
need to set there?

Oh, I just bit the bullet and had Disk Druid setup the drive how I
wanted.  It did create the LVM as an extended partition...