[CentOS] Is the unsupported kernel considered stable-ish?

Troy Engel

tengel at fluid.com
Thu Mar 23 20:57:28 UTC 2006

I have a need to use the unsupported kernel for one feature only
(AFP/Appletalk support). Never having had to use it before, I'm unsure
of what's all in it other than reading it's config file.

 From those that do use it -- is it considered stable enough to use in
lightweight production? I'm debating the use of it versus wasting my
time rebuilding the normal kernel with AFP enabled. Seeing as how this
is an underpowered machine (Duron 900/512mb), using a prebuilt would be
nice.

-te

ps: why oh why did RH decide to disable this? a simple upgrade of a RH9
machine now turns ugly. :-/ Do they think nobody uses Appletalk anymore?
WTH.

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com