[CentOS] Script to kill dictionary spam attacks

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sun Mar 26 17:56:48 UTC 2006

Jim Perrin wrote:
>>  Except I am trying to protect smtp, not ssh.
>
> Ah, yeah. that's what I get for responding to email before coffee.

Yep, hold nose, swallow lots of coffee, work...
By the way, I have integrated APF (Advanced Policy Firewall)
<http://www.r-fx.ca/downloads/apf-current.tar.gz> and a script that
fends off both email and ssh dictionary attacks beautifully. If anyone
wants details let me know.

--
Chris Mason
NetConcepts