[CentOS] SATA error

Fajar Priyanto

fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Mar 27 08:16:50 UTC 2006

Hi all,
Finally I temporarily migrate my mailserver to another box. It has been
experiencing troubles with the SATA discs (Maxtor and Western Digital).

I then upgraded the kernel to the latest one: 2.6.9-34.ELsmp and now smartd
can run.

When I do: smartcl -d ata -a /dev/sda, it says some errors but I don't know
what does it mean.

This is the result: http://pastebin.com/624613
The problems it encoutered were: time out on device.
Pls take a look at the pastebin for details.

Is the drive still ok?

Running smartcl on sdb gives no error.
Thanks,
http://linux2.arinet.org
15:15:23 up 6:20, 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4 GNU/Linux