[CentOS] ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY & IBM Thinkpad R40

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Tue Mar 28 19:56:32 UTC 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:10:57AM -0500, Max wrote:
>> Does anyone have any experience with the combination of a Thinkpad
>> R40
>> and the ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY video chip? I've had CentOS 4.1,
>> 4.2,
>> and now 4.3 running just great with 1024x768 resolution, but
>> according
>> the IBM specs, this chip is capable of 1280x1024.
>
> It might be, but is your screen capable of that resolution ?
>
> This might also (very likely, actually) be a modeline related problem.
> In that case, you are in for some pain.

hm.  it might be a good idea to verify that the "IgnoreEDID" option
is set to "off" in the radeon driver settings in xorg.conf.  dealing
with LCD panels got a lot easier for me once i started checking that.

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v