[CentOS] Method for autoinstalling new updates at install time (or very near to it)

Jay Lee

jlee at pbu.edu
Wed Mar 29 15:26:25 UTC 2006

I have CentOS 4.3 as well as RHEL4u3 and FC5 setup on my PXE/HTTP Server
automating the install process.  However, I'd also like to apply any
post update RPMS during installation also.  Is there any easy method to
do this with out having to recreate the hdlist and other installation
files?  My desire would be to have a updates directory that I can put
packages into and CentOS would check to see if a newer version of the
RPM exists in /updates.  Any thoughts?

My goal is to get away from the need to download 200+  megabytes of
updates after each install.  I know I could setup my own yum updates
server and  then point each new install at that instead of the mirrors
but I wanted something slightly more automated.  Can anyone else tell me
how their doing this?

Jay