[CentOS] ATI Radeon IGP 350M resolution problems

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Mar 29 17:01:56 UTC 2006

My HP 4010 and the IGP 350M video card.

I can only get it to go into 800x600 mode.

At one time, Resolution Display (gnome desktop) was giving me an
option of 1024x768 and if I selected it the monitor went crazy.

Now I don't even get that higher resolution as an option.

I have searched far and wide for information on this card and the
Radeon linux driver.  No help at all.  My /etc/sysconf/hwconf has:

class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: Card:ATI Radeon IGP330M/340M/350M
desc: "ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 330M/340M/350M"
vendorId: 1002
deviceId: 4337
subVendorId: 0e11
subDeviceId: 005a
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  1
pcidev:  5
pcifn:  0

I might suspect that changing one of those values will give what I
want.  But I cannot find any information on what this all means.

I have also read where some 3x0M owners have switched to the generic
VESA driver with better success.  I tried that and did not get a
1024x768 option to even try.

Oh, I also tried the SystemTools -> Display utility, (this is what I
used to switch drivers) and it also did not offer 1024x768.

help?

Pointers?