[CentOS] Centos 4 on Tyan S2895 with sata

Gavin Carr

gavin at openfusion.com.au
Thu Mar 30 22:39:24 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone out there has got Centos 4 installed on a Tyan
S2895 (that's a Thunder K8WE) motherboard on sata disks? I know about
the forcedeth bug, but I'm getting installation hangs at random spots in
the install, even off CD, in what seem to be nv_sata timeout problems.
SuSE 10 is rock solid on the same box, so I don't think it's hardware,
and I've tried two different sets of disks to rule out disk problems.
Latest bios updates - tried both 1.02 and 1.03.

Any success stories out there?

Cheers,
Gavin